-Compensation: based on experience
-Type: 60+ hours for 17 weeks. Opportunity to extend contract through 2018.
-Hours: Contract. 10-20 hours/week – will regularly involve some evening and weekend working
About this role:
This is a supporting role that will work closely with the Project Lead and Culture Design Lead to keep the project organized and on track, all while fostering a design first culture. You will support work across the whole organization, including the the client teams, neighborhood businesses and neighborhood organizations. You will co-develop a system of feedback mechanism to observe the overall team culture and disposition of individual members. The Project Coordinator will keep close track of hours logged and project budget. Frequent communication with the client Project Manager and team members is essential to raise concerns and elevate ideas for consideration. Clean documentation and organization skills are necessary. The very nature of this project is iterative; discovering and making informed decisions as we progress. You must be able to work in dynamic environments, pivoting when needed, and be comfortable with fluid timelines.
The role will train you in essential Service Design principles and prepare you to think more critically and creatively on social challenges.
You will develop a human-centered leadership style that allows you to actively listen, collectively discern, and deliver actionable insights to client teams, communities, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities of this role
- Deliver a weekly report on team hours, project budget, and overall project health inclusive of individual team members, neighborhood and client cultures
- Work closely with Culture Design Lead and Project Lead to remain on target; on time, aligned with goals, meeting identified success metrics
- Monitor team hours as they apply to specific design activities
- Inform Project Lead in advance of 2-3 weeks if any team members are going over hours
- Monitor progress to ensure timeline is intact
- Adjust timeline with team leads if needed
- Address project issues to remain within timelines
- Manage project budget inclusive of reimbursable costs
- Schedule correspondence and socialize progress to team members and client organizations through appropriate channels. (with Culture Design Lead/Project Lead)
- Schedule meetings and coordinate with client Project Manager
- Act as a scribe in meetings and be mindful of all discussed action items
- Monitor #slack channels and ensure all client and team member questions are addressed
- Co-manage issues and risks throughout the project. (with Culture Design Lead/Project Lead)
- Foster a FUN learning environment throughout the project’s duration
- Shop for and order materials for design workshops
- Track hours as they apply to specific activities and document with other team members
Are you the one?
Send us your contact info!